Dr. Diego Saporta
Diego Saporta MD is Board Certified in Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery since October 1990. Native from Montevideo, Uruguay in South America, he obtained his MD degree from the School of Medicine at the Republic’s University of Montevideo, Uruguay in 1979. He completed his ENT training at the Clinic’s Hospital of the same University in 1983. Soon after that he immigrated to the US. He initially worked in the research laboratory of the ENT department of Columbia University at the Presbyterian Hospital in New York City. Subsequently he became an ENT resident at such ENT department at the Presbyterian Hospital in NYC. He became a Chief Resident in 1989-1990 and graduated as an ENT doctor (Otolaryngologist) in June 1990. He became Board Certified in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery in November 1990. Soon after that he established himself in Elizabeth NJ where he opened a private practice that years later would become Associates in ENT & Allergy.
Since early in his practice he became interested in the management of the allergic conditions, always with a holistic approach. He became a member of the American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy, becoming a Fellow of said society in 1992. Since then he worked tirelessly to understand the intricacies of the allergic conditions. Gained insights in the management of food reactivities at the American Academy of Environmental Medicine. He ultimately developed an integrative approach to health preservation incorporating management of allergic conditions, working with patient’s diet and helping the patient attain optimal hormone levels so that health can be preserved.
He is a member of the Pan American Allergy Society (PAAS) where he has been president twice (in 2014-2015 and again in 2019-2021). He is part of the teaching faculty of the PAAS being active in the training of physicians and nurses interested in the management of the allergic conditions for many years. At PAAS he is also the director of an allergy course that teaches interested doctors and nursing personnel about the techniques used at Associates in ENT & Allergy to diagnose and treat the allergic conditions.
Education & Training
- ENT Residency at the Republic’s University in Montevideo-Uruguay
- 2 years of Research at the ENT Department of the College of Physicians and Surgeons at Columbia University
- ENT Residency at the Presbyterian Hospital in NYC
- Diplomate from the American Board of Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery: October 2, 1990
- AAOA (American academy of Otolaryngic allergy)
- Member, 1992 to present
- Fellow since 2001
- American Academy of Environmental Medicine
- Member, 2003 to Present.
- Board Member September 2004 to 2010
- FAA-OHNS (Fellow of the American Academy of Otolaryngology -Head and Neck Surgery) since 1990
- FACS (Fellow of the American College of Surgeons) since 1994.
- Pan American Allergy Society – Member, 2003 to Present.
- Board Member – 2010-2012
- Vice President – 2012-2013
- President – 2014-2015
- Board Member – 2015-2018
- President 2019-2021
- Teaching staff for yearly courses (March and August of Each year since 2011)
- NJAO (New Jersey Academy of Otolaryngology)
- Member, 1991 to Present
- Treasurer: 2013-Present
- (UCMSNJ) Union County Medical Society of New Jersey
- Member, 1991 to present
- Treasurer: 2006 to Present
- American College of Surgeons – Fellow, 1994.
- Trinitas Regional Medical Center
Dr. Saporta has numerous publications in peer reviewed and non-peer reviewed journals. He has also presented several times on topics pertaining allergies and related conditions at the AAOA, PAAS, AAEM and NJAO
Click here to see a list of the papers published and presentations in different symposia by Dr. Saporta